Wednesday, February 27, 2013

On the Mend

It's not always easy to talk about my feelings. Things have been rough at work now for quite some time, like years. I only actually knew about half of it. So when we (6 women) were forced to sit down and get it all out and say everything we needed and wanted to say, it was rough. Rough to say the least. As horrid as it was to admit all my faults and apologize for things I had done, it lifted so much pain to hear words I have needed to hear for so long. 
Bridges that I thought were burned beyond recognition, may not be. They are being mended. Slowly. One day at a time. And I am thankful for these relationships that I may get back. 
Yes, I was hurt. Yes, I hurt others. It all makes me so leery of even talking to people now. I feel much safer in my classroom, alone. I don't really feel like I have friends at work anymore. I think that's okay, just not how I am used to it being. I will adjust. 
I'm not at work to be with friends. I'm at work to teach Kindergarten. 19 children walk through my door every morning with a smile on their face and arms ready to hug. I'm there for them and that is all. 

I have been struggling with this for awhile and I needed to get some of it out. Sorry if it's all over the place. 


3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear things haven't been comfortable at work. I had the same problem. I hated feeling that tension in the room and having to be around people that seemed to always "fake" a smile.
    I'm glad though that things may start getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you! I'm your friend and I wish I was at work with you! We'd have FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like we have a lot in common! I was recently blindsided by "friends" who I found out were just co-workers instead :( Hang in there and stay tough. It can only get better and your true friends will always be there. Thanks for sharing this (made me feel better knowing I am not alone) and for sharing sweet Parkers pictures all the time - he is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting HappilyEverAfter! Feel free to spread some bloggy love with a comment!!!