Saturday, January 22, 2011

Weekend Wander


Weekends are my time to re-group and relax. Working with 18 Kindergartners is the best job EVER in my opinion! However, losing my patience with them is not an option for me so it's a good thing weekends come when they do! Keith and I always try to spend some time together, just us two. Time with our friends/family for some laughter and good times. And time for ourselves, alone and doing whatever it is we want to do! Keith often goes to a buddy's house to jam on guitars or shut himself in his guitar room here at the house. I love to curl up with a good book and just dive right in. (and of course I love to blog about it all) 

Last night Keith and I went out on date. We had dinner at Applebee's and it was delicious. I had Three-Cheese Chicken Peene and Keith had a Stuffed Ravioli Pasta. It has been quite awhile since we ate there and it was a great choice for last night. After dinner we watched No Strings Attached. It has Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman as the main characters. It was hilarious through the entire movie. I was afraid it was going to be a bit too girly for Keith but he honestly enjoyed it as much as I did! Yay! It was one of the best movies we had seen lately! All in all our night was perfect!

Today we have plans with our friends. We are having a bunch of peeps come over to cook out on the girl and watch the UFC: Fight For the Troops. Keith and the guys are really into the UFC fights. We often order them on pay per view and host it at our house. It's normally a lot of fun and I have to admit that I kinda have gotten into the fights a few times myself. I just can't help it when I know all about it too lol! So tonight the fights are in Fort Hood, Texas with all the Soldiers stationed there. I love and support any organization that is doing something for our Soldiers! Keith is in the Army National Guard and has had 2 tours in Iraq and a tour to Afghanistan coming up. So I'm a Proud Supporter! 

I hope you all have a great weekend! Any big plans?!


1 comment:

  1. I wondered if that movie would be good, or if all the funny parts were in the previews, so thanks for sharing! You're a brave soul teaching kindergarten, ha! :-) One year was enough for me, I enjoy 5th grade much more. (Although, I do miss the cuteness of all those little ones!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting HappilyEverAfter! Feel free to spread some bloggy love with a comment!!!