Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day #21 - To Forget or Not

Day 21 of the photo challenge is to post a picture of something you wish you could forget. This post is kinda iffy to me. Of course I automatically think of some things I would like to forget: my father doing EVERYTHING wrong, my past bad 5yr long relationship, a best friend who informed me we would not be friends if I chose to be with Keith, and there are so many more. However, I don't really want to forget in a way because all of those tough and hurtful times in my life have led me to where I am right now. They have made me who I am today. And if you are a regular reader or you know me personally, you know that I am insanely happy!!! I wouldn't change any part of my life, past or present. And I would do the past all over again to get to this spot! 

What I do wish I could forget is all the fighting and arguing I have done lately with my brother. He is 4 years younger than me and growing up (in the real world) has been a bit of a challenge for him. He was kinda spoiled as a kid and my mom and I did anything and everything for him. We both just wanted him to have the world. Well . . . that has bit us both in the rear a bit. He expects everything to come easily to him now and seems to have an issue with working hard for it. But he is my brother and I love him so much! I cannot forget the fighting but I can change it! I will not fight with him anymore. I do not want any rifts in our family!

My Bro and I

2 comments:

  1. The fact that you are acknowledging this is what's wrong and am willing to move on from it, shows that it can be done!

    You rock too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! It sounds like you are a great big sister and you are just what he needs in his life.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting HappilyEverAfter! Feel free to spread some bloggy love with a comment!!!